Construction and the Built Environment
Our well established construction department can equip you with the skills to build a career in one of Scotland's largest and rewarding industries.
As a construction student, you will be involved in relevant projects which will benefit the local community. This will enhance your skills in various areas such as site working, project management, team working and working safely in a construction environment.
There are over 40 craft and specialist roles available within the industry. Whether your interests lie in carpentry and joinery, dry lining and finishing, bricklaying or plumbing, you can start your learning journey with us.
- Access to Construction and Engineering (ACE)
- Employability Programme into Construction (EPIC)
- SVQ 3 Carpentry and Joinery
- NC Built Environment and Civil Engineering
- Become work ready
- Construction Skills Certification Scheme card which can provide you with industry accreditation
- Six week work placement with local employers
- 8 out of 10 EPIC students that went out on placement have now consequently secured full-time employment in the construction industry.