Our golf management degree is the first golf honours degree of its kind in the UK. Students will learn the practical skills and knowledge to be an exceptional manager in the golf industry. Throughout the course you will play at many top class courses and make great connections at the world famous Royal Dornoch Golf Club.
The BA (Hons) Golf Management programme provides a balance of golf-specific and management subjects. You will benefit from:
- Strong industry links, including the Royal Dornoch Golf Club; the Royal and Ancient Golf Club of St Andrews; and Castle Stuart.
- Guest lectures from leading industry figures.
- Event management experience at various venues e.g. Dunhill Links Championships (Ryder Cup) and the Scottish Open.
- Field trips around golf heritage and history, golf course maintenance, course design, marketing communications in St Andrews, various clubs/sites and the Scottish Golf Show.
- Placement opportunities, ranging from seasonal to one-year placements, available locally, across the UK and internationally, including the USA & China.
- A unique student experience and can participate in activities such as running the student golf club; individual coaching; regular play; and competition.
The golf industry contributes £220 million to the Scottish economy. One in 125 jobs is dependent on golf.