Essential student skills
Working through the online essential student skills toolkit will prepare you well for your studies. Topics include; Preparing for work; Learning with us; Using technologies; Becoming and effective learner; Core skills; and Assessment
Keeping up with your work
To pass your course, it is important that you keep up with your work and studies. The bad news is that you cannot “wing it”. Here are some tips to last the pace;
- Be organised - come prepared to class with folder, paper, pens etc.
- Do not file all your work in one small folder! You will get totally confused as to what goes where. Keep each subject in a separate file
- and label it accurately
- Meet deadlines for assessment coursework or homework tasks
- Make sure that you understand what the lecturer is looking for
- Make sure to complete any homework or learning tasks set by your tutor
- If you get into difficulties with the organisation of your work, don’t just hope it will all work out, speak to your tutor who will help you plan your schedule
- Make sure you submit re-drafted and corrected work on time
- If you miss a class, it is your responsibility, not the lecturers, to ensure that you are meeting the course requirements and to catch up and ask for information you have missed.