Care experienced


North Highland College UHI encourages applications from individuals who are care experienced or anyone who may have been cared for by a local authority in the past. Examples of care are; residential care, foster care, and being cared for by friends or relatives (those other than parents). The care could have been provided directly by the state (mainly through local authority social services departments) or by the voluntary or private sector (eg Barnardo's, The Children's Society and many others).

If you have any questions about applying to college or university or are currently studying at North Highland College UHI and would like more details about the support we can offer, please contact:  Jackie Manderson, Student Support Team, 01847 889304, Our student support team can guide you through the wide range of student services available, helping you make the most of life at North Highland College UHI and your successful future career.

In addition, students and applicants from Scotland may also be entitled to the Care Leavers Grant through the Student Awards Agency for Scotland (SAAS), which can assist with paying for accommodation costs during the vacation period. (HE only)

Further support and advice can also be found by clicking on the links below:

Who Cares? Scotland 

Care Advice Line - free help and advice, available Mon-Fri, 10:00-17:00