The holidays are nearly here and it is almost Christmas! For some the break may be a welcomed time of year and you might be looking forward to unwinding and taking some rest. But I am mindful that for others, it can be a tough time of year. It can be a reminder of those who aren’t with us anymore or magnify loneliness and low feelings. Please remember, although it might feel like it, you are not alone and there are resources you can access. Below are just a few.
- NHS 24 offers out of hours medical advice, call 111
- If there is a threat to life call 999 for emergency help immediately
- Text "YM" (if you're under 19) or "SHOUT" to 85258 to contact the Shout Crisis Text Line
- You can call the Samaritans on 116 123 to talk to someone at any time, day or night - or email if you prefer
- Breathing Space helpline is there to listen, call 0800 83 85 87 (Monday-Thursday 6pm to 2am, Friday 6pm-Monday 6am)
- 24/7 support available with Togetherall visit www.togetherall.com
- 24/7 support available with Spectrum.life visit https://uhi.spectrum.life/login?org=uhiwell
- Over 18’s 24/7 online support with https://sidebyside.mind.org.uk
Wishing you all a Happy Christmas and New Year.