North Highland College UHI is one of thirteen academic partners and research centres that make up the University of the Highlands and Islands. This unique partnership allows us to deliver further and higher education programmes at our Thurso, Halkirk, Dornoch and Alness campuses.
To support our work we are recruiting to the following role:
Instructor - Built Environment/Construction
|Salary range||Competitive Salary|
|Working hours||35 hours per week|
|Closing Date||Monday 3rd February at 9.00 am|
We are looking to appoint someone to provide Built Environment/Construction instruction and training (predominantly carpentry and joinery) to the College’s students, some of whom will have additional learning requirements. You will be a strong role-model for students and expected to respond positively to the changing external environment in which the College operates by providing innovative and customer-focused training.
This is a full-time post of 35 hours per week, based at the College’s Thurso campus.
Essential Criteria - the candidate must possess:
- A relevant trade apprenticeship and/or comparable, relevant trade experience in industry.
- Good communication skills so that you can help students through practical instruction, to enable them to realise their potential.
- Up-to-date knowledge of current Health & Safety legislation and associated work practices.
- Current driving licence, because you may need to carry out work-based assessment of students.
- An A1 assessor’s award, (or be willing to undertake this).
Desirable Criteria – the following would be advantageous:
- Experience of training delivery.
- IT competence in using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to NHCHR@uhi.ac.uk
If you have any queries about the application process please contact NHCHR@uhi.ac.uk - our postal address is:
Human Resources Team
North Highland College UHI