North Highland College UHI is one of thirteen academic partners and research centres that make up the University of the Highlands and Islands. This unique partnership allows us to deliver further and higher education programmes at our Thurso, Halkirk, Dornoch and Alness campuses.
To support our work we are recruiting to the following role:
Assistant Director, Learning & Teaching - Engineering, Technology and the Built Environment
|Working hours||Full-time, 35 hours per week|
|Closing Date||9.00am, Monday 28 January 2019|
The North Highland College UHI is a partner college within the University of the Highlands and Islands (UHI). We are a successful multi-campus college with a distinctive ethos and character that delivers high quality training and education in three specialist areas: Further Education, Higher Education and Research within a complex political, structural and financial environment.
We are looking to appoint a high performing professional with the ability and personal drive to lead curriculum change and development within the Engineering, Technology and Built Environment department, ensuring that both the College and Regional curriculum remains strategically and academically strong and financially viable. The post is located at our prestigious Engineering, Technology and Energy Centre (ETEC) within our Thurso campus.
You must possess a relevant Honours Degree and have significant, successful experience of teaching in a Further and Higher Education Environment and health and safety management. If you can demonstrate strong leadership skills and have a proven record of success, the ability to lead, motivate and support staff and students and have the vision to identify and develop new opportunities in curriculum delivery then we would like to hear from you.
You must also:
- Have a sound knowledge of the major aspects of Scottish Government policy for tertiary education and economic development
- Have a sound and current understanding of HE/FE funding methodologies and appropriate methods of maximising income
- Show that you have excellent interpersonal and communication skills that are underpinned by a pragmatic and robust commercial and financial acumen
- Be able to embed a culture of continuous review and improvement to ensure the best experiences for our learners and a sustainable future for the College and University
- Be able to operate effectively as part of a complex, collaborative organisational structure
If you have any queries about the application process please contact NHCHR@uhi.ac.uk - our postal address is:
Human Resources Team
North Highland College UHI