NPA Construction Craft and Technician (SfW: Construction National 4) SCQF 4
This group award aims to offer learners the opportunity to develop a range of skills and knowledge in relation to the Construction Industry. Through completion of this award, learners will develop Core Skills, which will enhance their employability prospects.
The group award will give learners the technical knowledge, skills and understanding associated with a range of craft and technician skills in construction at this level.
This course is preparing students for progression onto further study and employment.
Face-to-Face | Friday
Throughout the course, you will study: Construction units at SCQF Level 4, with a wide range of units Brickwork, Joinery, Painting & Decorating and most important Employability Skills.
- Brickwork – Lay bricks and blocks to line
- Carpentry & Joinery - Install second fixing components. Mark out from setting out details for routine products
- Painting & Decorating - Apply paint systems by brush and roller
- Personal Development
- Understanding Industry
Where you can go...
- National Progression Award in Construction Skills (National 5)
- Modern Apprenticeships in Construction areas
- further study, employment and/or training in Construction
Student will need to have achieved or be working towards minimum National 4 in Maths and English. Applicants will have to attend an interview and undertake a skills test devised to determine suitability.
A technical subject would be advantageous.
An interest in the subject area would be required to be demonstrated at interview.
College procedures will be used during the interview process