Sound Production Units SCQF 7
Learn essential skills in sound production from recording, mixing and live events using a range of software and mixing desks.
Face-to-Face | Tuesday
Throughout the course, you will study:
- Recording and Mixing - The purpose of this unit is to familiarise learners with the principles and practice of multi-track recording and mixing, and is designed to allow the learner to develop skills in recording and mixing within typical multi-track recording studio environments in response to client briefs.
- Audio Skills - This unit is designed to develop learners’ practical skills, and knowledge and understanding of sound production. The unit is designed to develop an understanding of sound production theory and practice and it will prepare learners to use sound production technology and techniques.
- Creative Project - This unit is designed to enable candidates to develop expertise in the generation, development, completion and presentation of a project to a given brief, for an elected vocational area of the Creative Industries.
- Sound for Live Events - The purpose of this unit is to develop knowledge and skills in the use of sound reinforcement equipment at live events. The unit is designed to enable learners to apply the correct techniques necessary for reinforcing a variety of sound sources.
- Creative Music Re-mixing - This unit is designed to give learners an understanding of the technical processes and creative methods involved in the editing, manipulation and re-mixing of audio for music production.
Where you can go...
Progression on to degree level study or work in the Sound Production Industry.
You must have three passes at Higher level, demonstrate a keen interest in sound production and have a satisfactory reference.