Environmental Science National 5 Evening
Successful learners in environmental science think creatively, analyse and solve problems. Environmental science aims to produce responsible citizens, through studying relevant areas such as the living environment, the Earth’s resources and sustainability. Learners will be able to develop their communication and collaborative working skills.
Environmental science is an interdisciplinary subject, which draws from the sciences and social sciences. The Course is practical and experiential and develops scientific awareness of environmental issues.
This course is designed for students entering rural skills sectors especially the sub sectors of estate management or sustainable development.
Level SCQF 5
- Online, Wednesday evenings 6-9pm
- Optional tutorial 5-6pm
- This course is open to the public
- Attendance on 3 Saturdays is also required
Location Online Blended Learning
Duration 1 Year
- Living environment: Investigating ecosystems and biodiversity
- Interdependence: Food webs
- Human influences on biodiversity
- Earth’s resources: An overview of Earth systems and their interactions
- Geosphere: Rock cycle processes
- Hydrosphere: Water cycle and uses
- Biosphere: An overview of nature resources
- Sustainability 1: Introduction to sustainability
- Food: An introduction to the farming of food
- Energy: The impacts of energy and climate change
- Waste management
Path 1: Progress on to Higher Environmental Science
Path 2: Enter a college Rural Skills Course
Path 3: Enter Higher Environmental Science and then move on to HNC,HND or Degree in Sustainable Development or Estate Management
No formal entry requirements.