North Highland College UHI celebrates diamond year

North Highland College UHI celebrates diamond year

see full size image

North Highland College UHI first opened in 1959 as Thurso Technical College to serve the training needs for Dounreay. Since then the college has become part of the University of the Highlands and Islands (UHI) and are one of 13 academic partners that make up the university.

North Highland College UHI has seen many changes over the years with the curriculum and geographic coverage expanding significantly. The college offers full time and part time courses, from engineering, game keeping, business and health and social care, with many courses available for online study.

The college has developed and expanded the original campus in Thurso over the years with the development of House of Morven, ETEC (Engineering, Technology and Energy Centre) and the Environmental Research Institute (ERI). The college also has campuses in Halkirk, Dornoch and Alness.

North Highland College UHI would love to hear from past and present staff and students with stories and images of their time at the college. If you have any photos or memorabilia from the last 60 years please email nhcmarketing@uhi.ac.uk.