What is special about this course?
This award meets registration requirements for Scottish Social Services Council for Care Workers. The SVQ in Social Services and Healthcare (Adults) helps to develop skills and knowledge already gained in a Care setting.
This SVQ 3 in Social Services and Healthcare (Adults) is work-based and has a structured, but flexible, delivery. Students are assessed in the workplace to allow you to demonstrate your competence.
- Suitable employment full or part-time, voluntary or paid, in social services and healthcare at a supervisory/managerial level
- Demonstrate an ability to write at SCQF level 5 or above with appropriate literacy skills
- You should hold the SVQ Level 2 qualification or equivalent and work at supervisory level for a minimum of 3 months
You will be assessed in the workplace and will be allocated an assessor who will mentor you and assist you to prepare your portfolio of evidence. Drop in sessions in Alness and Thurso are also available to help you gather evidence and prepare your portfolio. You are strongly encouraged to attend these.
How will I study my course?
- Part Time
- Work based
This is a work-based qualification and you will study from your workplace. You will be assigned an assessor from our Thurso or Alness campus.
How long will my course last?
Students on this course can expect to study for 12 months.
Where can I study my course?
- Work Based
This course has intakes in September and March each year.
For the latest information on fees please see our fees policy.
- Students should apply for funding through the Student Awards Agency for Scotland: http://www.saas.gov.uk
- The College has a limited number of Modern Apprenticeships available for this award
What can I do on completion of my course?
This award meets the registration requirements for Scottish Social Services Council for senior social care workers.
On successful completion of the level 3 and in addition to enhanced employment opportunities, you may be able to move on to:
- HNC Social Services
- BA (Hons) Child and Youth Studies
- BA (Hons) Health Social Studies
- PDA Care Services' Management
- PDA Health & Social Care: Administration of Medicine
- PDA Health and Social Care Supervision
- CPD Leading and Managing Care Services
- PDA Promoting Excellence in Dementia Skilled Practice
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.