Professional Cookery SVQ3
What is special about this course?
This SVQ Level 3 in Professional Cookery course is based at the House of Morven, part of the main campus in Thurso which is also the home of Flagstones, our training restaurant. It is also based in Burghfield House, the college's training restaurant in Dornoch.
- SVQ Level 2 Professional Cookery and experience of working in a professional kitchen
- Extensive relevant experience in a professional kitchen
- Advanced cookery skills including cooking and finishing complex dishes
- Kitchen management skills: maintaining a safe secure environment and taking a responsible role within a kitchen team
- Students will also contribute menus served in both training restaurants
There will be the opportunity to achieve a REHIS Intermediate Food Hygiene Certificate during the course.
Opportunities include helping and catering for the Young Highland Chef competition and attendance at the annual chef conference in Glasgow.
How will I study my course?
- Full Time
- Part Time
- Distance learning
- Day release
You will attend the training restaurant on the main campus in Thurso or Burghfield House, Dornoch.
How long will my course last?
1 year full time, longer part time.
Where can I study my course?
For the latest information on fees please see our fees policy.
What can I do on completion of my course?
- HNC Professional Cookery
- Enhanced career prospects as a Commis Chef, an Assistant Cook, or a Chef de Partie.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Apply for Professional Cookery SVQ3
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at North Highland College UHI. North Highland College operates a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of age, disability, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion and/or belief, sex, sexual orientation or socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.