What is special about this course?
The SVQ in Youth Work at level 2 is a requirement of the Scottish Social Services Council for people who are employed in the youth work field in support worker roles. The target audience for the SVQ in Youth Work are people who are support workers in all services for young people.
- Suitable employment full or part time, voluntary or paid, in youth services
- Work in a youth setting at a support level
- NC Child, Health and Social Care group award plus two National 5 awards
- Five National 5 qualifications at C or above including one literary subject eg English, History, Geography, Psychology or Care
- Satisfactory interview
It is a requirement by the SSSC that everyone employed in this capacity should be working towards achievement of this qualification. To achieve the level 2 SVQ in Youth Work candidates will complete four mandatory units and one optional unit. This SVQ 2 in Youth Work is work based and has a structured, but flexible, delivery. Students are assessed in the workplace to allow you to demonstrate your competence.
The SVQ in Youth Work helps to develop skills and knowledge already gained in a Youth Work setting.
How will I study my course?
- Full Time
- Part Time
- Work based
Assessed in the workplace and portforlio preparation.
Drop in sessions in Thurso and Alness.
How long will my course last?
- Full-time: one academic year
- Part-time: 12 months
Where can I study my course?
- Work Based
- Full-time: Intake in September each year
- Part-time: Intakes in September and March each year
For the latest information on fees please see our fees policy.
- Full-time: students should apply for full-time bursary funding
- Part-time: students should apply for funding through a SDS Individual Learning Account https://www.myworldofwork.co.uk/learn-and-train/sds-individual-learning-accounts-ila
- The College has a limited number of Modern Apprenticeships available for this award
What can I do on completion of my course?
- Enhanced employment opportunities
- Youth Work Level 3
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.