What is special about this course?
This award meets the registration requirements for the Scottish Social Services Council for Care Workers. The SVQ in Social Services and Healthcare helps to develop skills and knowledge already gained in a care setting.
This SVQ Level 2 in Social Services and Healthcare is work-based and has a structured, but flexible delivery. Students are assessed in the workplace to allow you to demonstrate your competence.
- Suitable employment full or part-time, voluntary or paid, in social services and healthcare
- Work in a care setting at a support level for a minimum of 3 months
- Demonstrate your ability to write at SCQF level 5 or above with appropriate literacy skills
- Full-time students: successful completion of the NC Child, Health and Social Care or relevant work experience
This SVQ can be studied as a full-time student, where you will undertake four days equivalent work placement, preparing you for a career in a health or social care setting, plus one-day attendance at College.
How will I study my course?
- Full Time
- Part Time
- Work based
This is a work-based award and you will study from your workplace. You will be assigned an assessor from our Thurso or Alness campuses.
How long will my course last?
Full-time students: One academic year
Part-time students: 12 months
Where can I study my course?
- Work Based
- Full-time: Intake in September each year
- Part-time: Intakes in September and March each year
For the latest information on fees please see our fees policy.
- Full-time: students should apply for full-time bursary funding
- The College has a limited number of Modern Apprenticeships available for this award
What can I do on completion of my course?
This award meets registration requirements for the Scottish Social Services Council for social care workers.
On successful completion of level 2, in addition to your enhanced employment opportunities, you may be able to move on to:
- Other relevant courses such as SVQ Level 3 Social Services & Healthcare (Adults) or (Children and Young People)
- NQ Health and Social Care
- HNC Social Services
- PDA Health & Social Care Administration of Medicine
- PDA Promoting Excellence in Dementia Skilled Practice
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.