What is special about this course?
Students will learn basic skills within a real life working environment. The skills gained, will incorporate all areas of front of house, e.g food and beverage service, reception, housekeeping, events. Full time students attend college 3 days per week from September to June. Students will run a lunch service to the public within the training restaurant on one or two days per week, depending on the campus. This is to develop the practical experience needed.
Additional training will also be undertaken by the student to prepare them for industry:
- REHIS Elementary Food Hygiene,
- WorldHost Principles of Customer Care,
- SQA Responsible Sale of Alcohol training,
- Brodies Barista Skills,
- Emergency First Aid and Manual Handling.
This course offers excellent opportunities to develop not only skills for working in the hospitality industry but also invaluable skills for life, which can be used within any industry such as: developing confidence, communication, problem solving and working with others.
Two National 5 qualifications and three National 4 qualifications
SVQ Level 1 Hospitality or progression from school link programmes
OR work experience, or suitable employment
- Front of house areas of the hotel, including restaurant, bar, reception and housekeeping.
- Develop customer care skills
- Health and safety, food hygiene and team working.
How will I study my course?
- Full Time
- Part Time
How long will my course last?
Seven months full time. Longer part time.
Where can I study my course?
For the latest information on fees please see our fees policy.
What can I do on completion of my course?
- SVQ Level 3 Supervision and Leadership or HNC Hospitality
- Employment in industry as a general assistant, trainee manager, restaurant supervisor or housekeeper.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.