What is special about this course?
In addition to learning the theoretical aspects of hairdressing, you will also be able to gain invaluable practical experience by being a part of the college hairdressing salon based in House of Morven on the main campus in Thurso.
- Two National 5 and three National 4 qualifications (five Standard Grades at Level 3 or above)
- Candidates who do not have the above requirements but who have successfully completed Access to Service Industries course or an SVQ Level 1 in Beauty Therapy or Hairdressing will be considered.
- Work experience in a hair salon will be an advantage
- How to advise and consult with clients.
- Practical techniques including: Shampooing and conditioning the hair, Changing hair colour using basic techniques, Styling and cutting hair
- Development and maintenance of effective teamwork skills while supporting the health, safety and security of the salon environment
- Promoting a positive impression of self and salon
How will I study my course?
- Full Time
- Day release
Attendance for the full time course is over one academic session, if attending on a day release basis this will take two academic years.
How long will my course last?
one Academic Years
One year full time, longer part time
Where can I study my course?
For the latest information on fees please see our fees policy.
What can I do on completion of my course?
- SVQ Level 3 Hairdressing
- Employment opportunities in the hairdressing industry as a junior stylist
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Apply for Hairdressing SVQ2
We are no longer accepting applications for 2021/22
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at North Highland College UHI. North Highland College operates a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of age, disability, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion and/or belief, sex, sexual orientation or socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.