What is special about this course?
In addition to learning the theoretical aspects of hairdressing, you will also be able to gain invaluable practical experience by being a part of the college hairdressing salon based in House of Morven on the main campus in Thurso.
- Two National 5 and three National 4 qualifications (five Standard Grades at Level 3 or above)
- Candidates who do not have the above requirements but who have successfully completed Access to Service Industries course or an SVQ Level 1 in Beauty Therapy or Hairdressing will be considered.
- Work experience in a hair salon will be an advantage
- How to advise and consult with clients.
- Practical techniques including: Shampooing and conditioning the hair, Changing hair colour using basic techniques, Styling and cutting hair
- Development and maintenance of effective teamwork skills while supporting the health, safety and security of the salon environment
- Promoting a positive impression of self and salon
How will I study my course?
- Full Time
- Day release
Attendance for the full time course is over one academic session, if attending on a day release basis this will take two academic years.
How long will my course last?
one Academic Year
One year full time, longer part time
Where can I study my course?
For the latest information on fees please see our fees policy.
What can I do on completion of my course?
- SVQ Level 3 Hairdressing
- Employment opportunities in the hairdressing industry as a junior stylist
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.