What is special about this course?
Take your first steps into the hair and beauty industry, learn some basic hair and beauty skills and gain some practical experience in the salon. This course offers an access route to SVQ Level 2 Beauty or Hairdressing and will help candidates make an informed choice about which route they would like to follow. This introductory course includes NPA Cosmetology, NPA Beauty Skills and SVQ Level 1 Hair Dressing and Barbering (SCQF level 4).
- Three National 3 qualifications
- An interest in working in the hair or beauty industry
- Suitable reference from guidance teacher or previous employer
- Satisfactory interview
Mandatory and optional units include:
- Working with Customers and Colleagues
- Cosmetology: Product Awareness
- Cosmetology: Career Options and Choices
- Cosmetology: Health and Safety
- Cosmetology: Prepare and Assist in a Workplace Environment
- Cosmetology: Barbering – Practical Skills
- Cosmetology: Hairdressing – Practical Skills
- Cosmetology: Beauty – Practical Skills
- Day Make up & Basic Corrective Makeup
- Body Skills: An Introduction
- Cosmetology: Make-up Artistry
- Creative Nail Finishes to Hand and Feet
- Prepare for Hair Services and Maintain Work Areas
- Contribute to the Development of Effective Working Relationships
- Blow Dry Hair
- Shampoo and Condition Hair
- Assist with Relaxing Service
- Assist with Salon Reception Duties
- Assist with Hair Colouring and Lightening Services
- Plait and Twist Hair using Basic Techniques
- Remove Hair Extensions
- Assist with Shaving Services
How will I study my course?
- Full Time
How long will my course last?
1 Academic Years
Where can I study my course?
For the latest information on fees please see our fees policy.