Hair and Beauty Introduction SVQ
What is special about this course?
Take your first steps into the hair and beauty industry, learn some basic hair and beauty skills and gain some practical experience in the salon. This course offers an access route to SVQ Level 2 Beauty or Hairdressing and will help candidates make an informed choice about which route they would like to follow. This introductory course includes NPA Cosmetology, NPA Beauty Skills and SVQ Level 1 Hairdressing and Barbering (SCQF level 4).
- Three National 3 qualifications
- An interest in working in the hair or beauty industry
- Suitable reference from guidance teacher or previous employer
- Satisfactory interview
Semester 1 Units
Hair for everyone
- Prepare for hair services & maintain work areas
- Contribute to the development of effective working relationships
- Blow dry Hair
- Shampoo & condition Hair
Beauty for everyone
- Beauty skills – An Introduction
- Personal Development
- Basic Information & communication technology
- Creative Nail finishes to hands & feet
- Cosmetology Makeup Artistry
Semester 2 Units
- Assist with Hair Colouring & Lightening Services
- Assist salon reception duties
- Gents cutting to incorporate clippering & razoring
- Shampoo & condition hair
- Lower leg waxing
- Makeup Artistry
- Beauty skills: An introduction
How will I study my course?
- Full Time
How long will my course last?
1 Academic Year
Where can I study my course?
September & January
For the latest information on fees please see our fees policy.
Apply for Hair and Beauty Introduction SVQ
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at North Highland College UHI. North Highland College operates a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of age, disability, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion and/or belief, sex, sexual orientation or socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.