ILM Level 3 Award in Leadership & Management SCQF Level 6
What is special about this course?
These qualifications are ideal for individuals who have management responsibilities but no formal training and are serious about developing their abilities. They particularly support practising team leaders seeking to move up to the next level of management, and managers who need to lead people though organisational change, budget cuts or other pressures.
Benefits for individuals
• Gain a range of key management skills and put them into practice in your own role
• Build your leadership capabilities – motivate and engage teams, manage relationships confidently
• Develop your leadership and management skills using your own knowledge, values and motivations.
Benefits for employers
• Effective and confident first-line managers
• Better relationships and communication in teams
• Proven skills – to get these qualifications, managers will need to show that they can transfer their new skills to your organisation
• Managers with the tools to develop their own skills and abilities
No prior knowledge/study of leadership & management is required.
- Understanding leadership
- Solving problems and making decisions
Students must have access to a laptop and wifi to complete the course content.
How will I study my course?
Two face to face group tutorial days, combined with online study and one to one support available in person, or via email/phone.
How long will my course last?
1 Academic Year
Study while you work and gain an industry-recognised qualification to enhance your career prospects.
Featuring two face to face workshop sessions, this qualification is usually completing over a 4 month period. Total study time is around 40 hours.
Where can I study my course?
September and January
£436. For the latest information on fees please see our fees policy.
What can I do on completion of my course?
Successful learners will be able to progress to a range of qualifications including:
• ILM Level 3 Certificate in Leadership and Management
• ILM Level 3 Certificate in Coaching and/or Mentoring
• ILM Level 3 Certificate or Diploma in Facilities Management
• ILM Level 3 Certificate in Enterprise and Entrepreneurship
• ILM Level 4 Award, Certificate or Diploma in Leadership and Management
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at North Highland College UHI. North Highland College operates a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of age, disability, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion and/or belief, sex, sexual orientation or socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.