First Aid at Work SCQF Level 6
What is special about this course?
This three day training course is available at our campuses in Thurso and Alness and aims to:
- Enable participants to understand the principles of First Aid
- Enable participants to practise First Aid procedures, emphasising resuscitation and recovery position
- Enable participants to deal with emergency situations
There are no formal entry requirements but candidates should be physically fit for the course.
- First aid regulations
- General principles of first aid
- Basic human anatomy
- Taking a pulse
- Breathing and asphyxia causes and recognition
- Circulation of the blood
- External wounds and bleeding causes
- Practical triangular bandaging
- Internal bleeding and shock
- Burns, scalds and effects of temperature
- Practical application of sterile dressings
- Fractures, sprains and strains
- Eye injuries
- Practical and theory examination
How will I study my course?
- Short course
How long will my course last?
This is a three day short course.
Where can I study my course?
A waiting list is in operation for this course.
To book your place, phone 01847 889250 or email email@example.com. If this course is not scheduled to be held in the near future, we will hold your name on the list until we have sufficient to run the course.
For the latest information on fees please see our fees policy.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Apply for First Aid at Work SCQF Level 6
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at North Highland College UHI. North Highland College operates a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of age, disability, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion and/or belief, sex, sexual orientation or socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.