Carpentry and Joinery SCQF Level 6
What is special about this course?
This course is ideal for anyone who would like to enhance their ability in order to gain an apprenticeship.
Candidates will need to have achieved a minimum of National 5 in Maths and English (or equivalent).
- A technical subject would be advantageous.
- Completion of Employability Programme into Construction (EPIC)
- Candidates with current and relevant industry experience may be considered by the provision of their CV
- All applicants will have to attend an interview showing interest in the subject area, (College procedures will be used during the interview process)
- Conform to General Workplace Health, Safety and Welfare
- Confirm Work Activities and Resources for the Work
- Develop and Maintain Good Working Relationships
- Confirm the Occupational Method of Work
- Conform to Productive Working Practices
- Move, Handle or Store Resources
- Construction Craft Associated Subjects
- Appreciation of Access Platforms and Equipment
- Woodworking Power Tool Skills
- Carpentry and Joinery: Install Domestic Fitments
- Carpentry and Joinery: Domestic Straight Flight Stairs
- Carpentry and Joinery: Door Construction
- Carpentry and Joinery: First Fixing
- Carpentry and Joinery: Ground and Upper Floor Construction
- Carpentry and Joinery: Panelling and Installation
- Carpentry and Joinery: Roof Construction
- Carpentry and Joinery: Repairs and Maintenance
- Carpentry and Joinery: Second Fixing
- Carpentry and Joinery: Timber Framed Construction and Internal Partitioning Systems
- Carpentry and Joinery: Woodworking Machine Skills
- Carpentry and Joinery: Workshop Practice and Hand Skills
How will I study my course?
- Full Time
How long will my course last?
1 Academic Year
Where can I study my course?
For the latest information on fees please see our fees policy.
What can I do on completion of my course?
- SVQ Modern Apprenticeship Carpentry & Joinery
- NC Built Environment (recommended)
- HNC Construction Management
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Apply for Carpentry and Joinery SCQF Level 6
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at North Highland College UHI. North Highland College operates a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of age, disability, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion and/or belief, sex, sexual orientation or socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.