Accounting Advanced Diploma SCQF Level 6
What is special about this course?
This course has been designed with a professional accounting body and local employers to offer an advanced qualification in Accounting and is a direct progression route from the Foundation Certificate in Accounting.
This SCQF level 6 course, will enhance your current accounting knowledge and will teach you to solve high level problems, develop your decision-making skills, and on completion will allow you to seek employment as an accounts assistant or to progress further onto HNC Accounting, or Professional Diploma in Accounting (level 4)
- Completion of Foundation Certificate in Accounting
- English/communication at National level 5
- Maths/numeracy at National level 5
- Strong interest in Accounting and Finance
Potential applicants unable to produce evidence of entry qualifications will be asked to undertake a skills profile test.
This 18- week course is delivered on a flexi/online basis with tutor support. In order to achieve the qualification, you must complete six professional accounting units:
- Advanced Book-Keeping
- Final Accounts Preparation
- Management Accounting: Costing
- Indirect Tax
- Ethics for Accountants
- Spreadsheets for Accounting
This qualification is linked to the National Occupational Standards.
How will I study my course?
- Distance learning
- Flexi study with some attendance at college
- Online access learning materials online with tutor support at a distance
How long will my course last?
Where can I study my course?
For the latest information on fees please see our fees policy.
What can I do on completion of my course?
- Progress onto HNC Accounting (SCQF level 7) or Professional Diploma in Accounting (SCQF level 8)*
- Employment in various accounting professions including accounts administrator or accounts assistant
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Apply for Accounting Advanced Diploma SCQF Level 6
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at North Highland College UHI. North Highland College operates a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of age, disability, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion and/or belief, sex, sexual orientation or socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.