AAT Advanced Diploma in Accounting SCQF Level 6
What is special about this course?
This intermediate level of the AAT Accounting Qualification, offers technical training in accounting and its main purpose is to provide students with specialist knowledge and skills to gain employment in an accounting role and / or the opportunity to progress to further qualification in accountancy or a related field. You will master more complex financial processes, including final accounts for sole traders and partnerships, reports and returns and professional ethics. Once you’ve completed the intermediate level, you’ll be awarded the AAT Level 6 in Accounting.
- An AAT Skills check will determine entry level
- AAT Foundation Level Certificate in Accounting
- Other relevant previous qualifications or work experience
This course is delivered on a flexible/online basis with tutor support available at UHI North Highland, Thurso campus. In order to achieve the qualification, you must complete six professional accounting units:
- Advanced Bookkeeping
- Final Accounts Preparation
- Management Accounting: Costing
- Indirect Tax
- Ethics for Accountants
- Spreadsheets for Accounting
- Advanced Diploma Synoptic Assessment
- (The synoptic assessment will ask students to apply knowledge and skills gained across the qualification in an integrated way, within a workplace context. Scenarios will change over time to ensure the validity of the assessment)
Students are required to have reliable access to a computer, Wi-Fi and access to excel to undertake this course.
How will I study my course?
- Distance learning
- Flexible study with some attendance at college
- Online access learning materials online with tutor support at a distance
How long will my course last?
1 academic year but may be completed sooner.
Where can I study my course?
For the latest information on fees please see our Tuition Fees information.
What can I do on completion of my course?
- Progress onto HNC Accounting (SCQF level 7)
- Employment in various accounting professions including accounts administrator or accounts assistant
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Apply for AAT Advanced Diploma in Accounting SCQF Level 6
We are no longer accepting applications for 2022/23
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at UHI North Highland. UHI North Highland operates a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of age, disability, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion and/or belief, sex, sexual orientation or socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.