Access to Construction and Engineering (ACE) SCQF Level 4/5
What is special about this course?
Take your first steps into the construction and engineering industries on our practical, employment focussed, Access to Construction and Engineering course. You will complete units and awards at national 4/5 level and on completion, can progress onto your chosen discipline
The Access to Construction and Engineering course will give you a range of opportunities to develop your skills in the Construction and Engineering Industries. It will also help build your confidence through working in teams with your fellow students.
This course has helped many students to gain employment and apprenticeships both locally and nationally.
Throughout this course you will be given the chance to enhance your core skills, improve your Maths knowledge and learn to work efficiently and effectively allowing you to become more attractive to employers.
- Prospective learners must demonstrate an interest in a career in construction or engineering
- Consideration will also be given to learners who have completed the Personal Empowerment Programme
- Satisfactory interview where you will be asked to complete a skills test, the results of this skills test will allow us to assess your suitability for a place on the course
NPA Construction Craft and Technician (NAT 4)
- Carpentry & Joinery
- Painting & Decorating
- Personal Development
- Understanding Industry
NPA Construction Skills (NAT 5)
- Design and Manufacture
- One Brick Walling
- Develop Bench Joiner Skills
- Decorative Painting
- Efficient Construction Practices
Engineering Skills National 4
- Manufacture and Assembly
Engineering Skills National 5
- Mechanical and Fabrication
- Design and Manufacture
- Bridging Maths
- Academic Development
How will I study my course?
- Full Time
How long will my course last?
One Academic Years
Where can I study my course?
For the latest information on fees please see our Tuition Fees information.
What can I do on completion of my course?
- Progress onto our Employability Programme into Construction
- SVQ/NC Fabrication & Welding course
- SVQ/NC Engineering Systems & Engineering Practice
- Enhanced career prospects as an apprentice in Construction or Engineering
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Apply for Access to Construction and Engineering (ACE) SCQF Level 4/5
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at UHI North Highland. UHI North Highland operates a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of age, disability, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion and/or belief, sex, sexual orientation or socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.