Allergy Awareness REHIS
What is special about this course?
The Allergy Awareness Training course is a professionally and nationally recognised certificated course which aims to raise awareness of issues around allergies, caeliac disease and intolerances and of how to cater for sufferers in a variety of contexts. It is now a legal requirement that caterers provide correct information about what is in food to consumers and this interesting and useful courses, delivered by our highly experienced trainers, is suitable for all who work in the provision of food.
The Allergy Action course is accredited by the Royal Environmental Health Institute of Scotland (REHIS). UHI North Highland is an approved REHIS training centre.
There are no formal entry requirements.
- To understand the needs of people with allergies, intolerances and coeliac disease and the challenges of choosing food suitable for them when shopping and eating out
- To know which foods are most likely to cause reactions and which recipes require them
- To understand the legal obligations of supplying food to people with allergies and intolerances
- To understand about related conditions such as asthma, eczema and allergic rhinitis (eg to pollens, cats, dogs etc)
- To have some insight into the needs of particular groups, babies, young children, teenagers and the elderly and appreciate who is at greater risk
- To know how to choose, prepare and serve suitable food for somebody with a food allergy or intolerance
- To understand environmental and other allergy risks in the everyday workplace eg from latex, soap and cleaning products
How will I study my course?
How long will my course last?1 Day
Where can I study my course?
For the latest information on fees please see our Tuition Fees information.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Apply for Allergy Awareness REHIS
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at UHI North Highland. UHI North Highland operates a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of age, disability, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion and/or belief, sex, sexual orientation or socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.