What is special about this course?
The PDA Health and Social Care Supervision is designed for those working in the care sector in supervisory roles. It is approved to meet the registration requirements of the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) and also provides continuing professional development (CPD) for first line managers who provide supervision, support and guidance.
- Flexible study mode, enabling you to fit your studies around other commitments
- The course is designed to enable supervisors to support health and social care staff to deliver high quality care and to access and manage risks to individual wellbeing.
- At SCQF level 7, this course meets the requirements for SSSC registration
- Care qualification at SCQF level 5 or above plus relevant experience or
- SVQ Health and Social Care at level 3 and
- Employment in a care situation in a supervisory position
- SVQ 3 Health & Social Care
- HNC Social Care
Year 1 - PDA
- Health and Social Care: Supervise People
- Health and Social Care: Supervise the Protection of People
How will I study my course?
- Part Time (Unstructured)
- Open learning packs complemented with optional class, video conference or telephone tutorials
How long will my course last?
- Part time: 4 months
For information on costs of this course please contact the college at which you wish to study.
External scholarships and financial support may be available. Contact the relevant university partner college for more information.
What can I do on completion of my course?
On completion of this PDA you may be able to enhance your career prospects or seek employment in a health/care environment.
Can I progress into further study?
- Some students may elect to progress to the UHI CPD Award Leading and Managing Care Services if they seek promotion to become a care service manager
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.