Health and Social Care NQ
What is special about this course?
The NQ Health and Social Care programme is aimed at school leavers, adult returners and those working in the Health and Social Care industries. It is the first level of the programme which allows health and social care workers to register with the SSSC. Learners will gain knowledge, understanding, skills and attributes that will help them to contribute to the care and support of people in the social services and health sectors.
The programme is designed to allow successful students to progress into work within the health and social care sector, or further their studies in areas such as Nursing, Social Work and Youth Work. The programme includes three Highers in Psychology, Care and Childcare and Development.
The programme will also offer CPD opportunities for those already employed in some capacity within the industry as well as the additionality of studying within a large interdisciplinary team.
- Five National 5 qualifications at C or above including one literacy subject eg English, History, Geography, Psychology or Care
- Satisfactory interview
- Relevant post school education and training
- Satisfactory interview
- NC Child, Health and Social Care
- OR SVQ Level 2 in Social Services and Healthcare, or equivalent
- Human Anatomy, Physiology and Physical Activity
- Prevention of Infection
- Health Promotion
- Nutrition, Health and Wellbeing
- Higher Childcare and Development
- Higher Psychology
- Higher Care
- You will also develop core skills in IT, Numeracy and Communications
- Work placement to develop vocational and employability skills
How will I study my course?
- Full Time
- Part Time
How long will my course last?1 Academic Year
One year full-time, longer part-time
Where can I study my course?
For the latest information on fees please see our Tuition Fees information.
What can I do on completion of my course?
- SVQ Level 2 Social Services and Healthcare (Adult or Children and Young People)
- Higher education entry to: HNC Social Services, HNC Childhood Practice, BA (Hons) Child and Youth Studies, BA (Hons) Health Studies, BSc (Hons) Psychology and BSc (Hons) Sport and Fitness
- Social work training
- Enhanced career prospects in a health and social care setting as a Support Worker or Health Care Assistant
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Apply for Health and Social Care NQ
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at UHI North Highland. UHI North Highland operates a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of age, disability, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion and/or belief, sex, sexual orientation or socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.
Apply online to study this course in:
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at UHI North Highland. North Highland College operates a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of gender, age, disability, ethnicity and socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.