Professional Computer Fundamentals (SCQF level 6) NPA
What is special about this course?
This course prepares learners for employment in an IT/computing-related post at technician or professional level by developing their knowledge and skills in key areas such as such as:
- Computer networks
- Network hardware
- Network services and protocols
- Security layers
- Operating system security
- Network security
- Security software
- Server installations
- Server role and storage solutions
- Server performance and maintenance
- Evidence of core skills at a level 5 in communications, numeracy and ICT.
- Adult returners who do not meet the entry requirements above may have to complete an adult returner assessment to demonstrate evidence of communication, numeracy and IT ability at a level 5.
- Security Fundamentals
- Network Fundamentals
- Server Administration Fundamentals
How will I study my course?
- Full Time
- Part Time
- Distance learning
- Full or part-time
- Distant/online learning
How long will my course last?
1 Academic Years
Where can I study my course?
For the latest information on fees please see our fees policy.
What can I do on completion of my course?
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Apply for Professional Computer Fundamentals (SCQF level 6) NPA
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at North Highland College UHI. North Highland College operates a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of age, disability, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion and/or belief, sex, sexual orientation or socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.