Welding and Fabrication Engineering Practice (Nigg Skills Academy) NC
What is special about this course?
This programme combines the NC Welding and Fabrication with the SVQ Level 2 Performing Engineering Operations. This is a 16 week full time course based at Nigg Skills Academy, Nigg, Ross-shire, IV19 1QY, as opposed to the 34 week course which is delivered at college. These qualifications satisfy the foundation training for a modern apprenticeship in fabrication and welding engineering.
- Three national 4 qualifications including Maths, Englich and a technical/science subject
- SQA skills for work in engineering would also be an advantage
- Satisfactory interview
- Relevant post school education and training
- Satisfactory interview
Anyone who has not achieved the relevant maths qualification will still be considered but may be asked to undertake a maths test at interview
NC Level 5
- Mathematics: Craft 1
- Engineering: Using IT
- Fabrication Processes
- Welding Processes
- Health & Safety: Engineering
- Thermal Cutting Skills
- Fabrication Skills (Double credit unit)
- Metal Inert Gas (MIG) Metal Active Gas (MAG) Welding Skills
- MMA Welding Skills
- TIG Welding Skills
SVQ Level 2 (performing engineering operations)
- Complying with Statutory Regulations and Organisational Safety Requirements
- Working Efficiently and Effectively in Engineering
- Using and Communicating Technical Information
- Producing Plate work Components and Assemblies
- Preparing and Using Manual TIG or Plasma Arc Welding Equipment
- Preparing and Using MMA Welding Equipment
- Preparing and Using MIG MAG and other continuous wire Welding Equipment
- Cutting and shaping materials using thermal cutting equipment
How will I study my course?
How long will my course last?
This programme combines the NC Welding and Fabrication with the SVQ Level 2 Performing Engineering Operations. This is a 16 week full time course based at Nigg Skills Academy, Nigg, Ross-shire, IV19 1QY. These qualifications satisfy the foundation training for a modern apprenticeship in fabrication and welding engineering.
Where can I study my course?
Various start dates throughout the year, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
For the latest information on fees please see our fees policy.
What can I do on completion of my course?
Completion of this course could be used to secure employment into a Modern Apprenticeship in the Fabrication and Welding/engineering sector.
Progression onto level 6 fabrication and welding or Engineering systems courses would be an option on completion of this course.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Apply for Welding and Fabrication Engineering Practice (Nigg Skills Academy) NC
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at North Highland College UHI. North Highland College operates a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of age, disability, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion and/or belief, sex, sexual orientation or socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.