Music SCQF Level 5 NC
What is special about this course?
This National Certificate in music is aimed at school leavers, adult returners and those keen to work in the music industry. The course gives an introduction to the skills and a small taste of many aspects of the industry. It is designed as a potential starting point for those interested in working in the music industry or as CPD for those already employed in some capacity within the industry. The course also contains a National 5 Skills for Work Creative Industries award.
- Three National 4 qualifications
- Ability to play a musical instrument to a reasonable level (Grade 1)
- A love of music and performing
- All applicants will be interviewed which will include an audition
- Appreciation of music
- The creative process
- Aural and composing skills
- MIDI Sequencing
- Live performance
- Performing music on one instrument or voice
- Introduction to Scotland's creative industries
- Sound engineering and production
- Music literacy
- Digital media: audio acquisition
- You will also develop core skills in IT, communications and literacy.
How will I study my course?
- Full Time
- Part Time
Theoretical knowledge will be delivered as part of practical based classes.
How long will my course last?
1 Academic Years
Where can I study my course?
Intakes are in September and January for this full time course.
For the latest information on fees please see our fees policy.
Apply for Music SCQF Level 5 NC
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at North Highland College UHI. North Highland College operates a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of age, disability, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion and/or belief, sex, sexual orientation or socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.