What is special about this course?
This National Certificate in music is aimed at school leavers, adult returners and those keen to work in the music industry. The course gives an introduction to the skills and a small taste of many aspects of the industry. It is designed as a potential starting point for those interested in working in the music industry or as CPD for those already employed in some capacity within the industry. The course also contains a National 5 Skills for Work Creative Industries award.
- Three National 4 qualifications
- Ability to play a musical instrument to a reasonable level (Grade 1)
- A love of music and performing
- All applicants will be interviewed which will include an audition
- Appreciation of music
- The creative process
- Aural and composing skills
- MIDI Sequencing
- Live performance
- Performing music on one instrument or voice
- Introduction to Scotland's creative industries
- Sound engineering and production
- Music literacy
- Digital media: audio acquisition
- You will also develop core skills in IT, communications and literacy.
How will I study my course?
- Full Time
- Part Time
Theoretical knowledge will be delivered as part of practical based classes.
How long will my course last?
1 Academic Years
Where can I study my course?
Intakes are in September and January for this full time course.
For the latest information on fees please see our fees policy.