What is special about this course?
This Level 2 qualification is designed for those keen to work in a career where they are providing care to animals in a veterinary care environment, under the direction and supervision of Veterinary staff.
- A progression route and starting point for those interested in a career as a Veterinary Nurse (successful completion of this course may lead to an opportunity to study on the Level 3 Diploma in Veterinary Nursing).
- Ideal qualification for anyone presently working unqualified in veterinary practice in an animal care role.
- A qualification in its own right designed to provide practice competence relevant to the role of veterinary carer in a modern veterinary practice.
- Applicants should be at least 16 years of age, with a reasonably high standard of physical fitness
- A proven interest in a veterinary environment, and evidence of recent experience working or volunteering in this environment
- Communication/English and Maths/Numeracy skills at SCQF Level 4 - full grouping qualifications. (A stand-alone core skill qualification in these at level 4 is not a suitable entry qualification). Other relevant qualifications at level 4 or above, may also be considered
- Evidence of basic I.T. skills or qualification
- Satisfactory interview
- A firm offer of a practice placement or evidence of actively seeking a practice placement
Students accepted on the course will study through a combination of attendance at North Highland College Rural Studies Centre and in placement with a Veterinary Practice – interested applicants are encouraged to seek and secure a placement as early as possible.
State of the art, dedicated teaching facility at our Rural Studies Centre. Self-study, at college and while within a practice placement is an integral part of this course and study/support materials will be available by both traditional methods and through our online Virtual Learning Environment.
How will I study my course?
- Full Time
- Work based
Placement and classroom based.
How long will my course last?
Where can I study my course?
- Employers Premises
For the latest information on fees please see our fees policy.
What can I do on completion of my course?
Animal Sanctuary Worker
Or progress to
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.