Computing with Digital Media NC Level 5
What is special about this course?
This is a locally designed programme which has been designed to meet the growing needs of IT and computing-related sectors, giving you an up-to-date, recognised qualification within the context of an ever-changing employment market.
- National Certificate in Digital Media Computing at SCQF Level 4
- National Certication in Computing with Digital Media at SCQF Level 4
- National 4 Computing Science
- National 5 Computing Science
- Relevant Computing related NPA at SCQF Level 4 or 5
- Applicants with a general interest in computing and a desire to obtain necessary qualifications for a career in the industry will also be considered
Mandatory units include:
- Applications Development
- Computer Hardware and Systems
- Digital Media Elements for Applications
- Information Literacy
- Network Literacy
- Social Media Literacy
Optional Units include:
- Computing: Academic Skills
- Data Security
- Digital Forensics
- Ethical Hacking
- Games Design
- Games Development
- Games Media Assets
- Website Design and Development
How will I study my course?
- Full Time
- Part Time
How long will my course last?
1 Academic Year
Full time - one year
Where can I study my course?
For the latest information on fees please see our fees policy.
What can I do on completion of my course?
The NC in Computing with Digital Media at SCQF Level 5 provides qualifications that could help learners get entry level jobs in the following areas:
- Desktop support
- Network administration
- Network support
- Games design
- Software development
- Mobile applications development
- Web development
On successful completion of the NC in Computing with Digital Media at SCQF Level 5, at the discretion of the centre, learners may also progress directly onto the following programme:
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Apply for Computing with Digital Media NC Level 5
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at North Highland College UHI. North Highland College operates a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of age, disability, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion and/or belief, sex, sexual orientation or socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.