What is special about this course?
The course covers practical subjects to develop skills and a range of units to increase knowledge of the subject.
This qualification can be offered as a stand-alone qualification or combined with the SVQ Level 2 Performing Engineering Operations.
- Credit Standard Grades or National 5 and above in Maths, Physics, Technical Studies
- Or Skills for Work at National 5
The NC Engineering Systems award comprises of a core set of units which focus strongly on an engineering systems apporach with equal emphasis being given to mechanical and electrical engineering.
This qualification can be offered as a stand-alone qualification or combined with the SVQ Level 2 Performing Engineering Operations in one of the following disciplines:-
- Mechanical Production and Maintenance Engineering
- Electrical, Control and Instrumentation Installation and Maintenance Engineering
How will I study my course?
- Full Time
- Day release
How long will my course last?
This course runs full time over one academic session, or over two years on a day release basis if you are in suitable employment.
Where can I study my course?
For the latest information on fees please see our fees policy.
What can I do on completion of my course?
- HNC Engineering Systems
- Modern Apprenticeship in Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics Technician disciplines
- Work based SVQ Level 3
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.