Business Administration (Renewable Energy) MBA
Course code N2RE
What is special about this course?
Are you an experienced professional looking to progress to higher leadership and management roles?
The MBA Business Administration (Renewable Energy) is part of a suite of MBAs, designed to provide leadership and management skills across the areas of Aviation, Environment, Executive, Renewable Energy and Resilience.
The University of the Highlands and Islands MBA suite has been developed using insight from employers on skills necessary for executives operating in a challenging global environment, an environment where striving for growth and opportunity is based on ethical behaviour, appreciation of diversity and ability to adapt to the demands of a fast-changing world.
The programme will develop your theoretical knowledge, practical wisdom, strategic managerial and personal skills essential for successful career enhancement in organisations with a global outlook. Our MBA programmes aim to provide you with the comprehensive knowledge, skillset and understanding required to enable you to become a senior manager or to enhance career progression to a higher level.
The programme is distinguished by its emphasis on ethical and responsible leadership and management, with a focus on developing executive excellence for the global future. Embracing innovation, entrepreneurship and technology, our MBA suite builds on 4 underlying pillars and key values:
- Ethical awareness
- Cultural readiness
- Future readiness
- Identifying growth and opportunity
- This is the only MBA Renewable Energy course in the UK
- The course is delivered online for maximum flexibility
- Develop reflective learning skills based on your experience and peer-to-peer exchange, facilitated through the MBA hub
- Participate in a wider dialogue via the MBA hub, between fellow students, business partners, local community and academic colleagues
- An online induction programme will provide support and information, as well as an initial opportunity to interact and network via the hub
- Honours degree, normally at 2:1 and not less than 2:2, or international equivalent
- There is no barrier to entry based on the subject studied to degree level
- Other professional qualifications will be considered on an individual basis
- International students whose first language is not English must also meet the language competency standards, as detailed on the International page of the website
- It is desirable that you have some post-study work experience
- You will be asked to provide academic references before you can enrol and, where appropriate, employer references
- You may be asked to undertake a short piece of assessment work
Core modules will include:
- Change for sustainable futures
- Growth and opportunity through innovation
- Masters research project
- Renewable energy technologies
- Research for business
- Responsible leadership and management in the global context
You will also study optional modules which may include:
- Developing a community energy project
- Tidal, wave and future energy
- Transition to net zero
How will I study my course?
- Part-time (structured)
- Part-time (unstructured)
- You will learn through a combination of video-conference lectures and tutorials, and online study via the university's virtual learning environment (VLE), with support from your tutors
How long will my course last?
- Full-time: 18 months @35 hours per week
- Part-time (structured): minimum of 2.5 years (3 years if completing the research project over 2 semesters)
- Part-time (unstructured): 3.5 years minimum
Number of hours per week indicates the total number of hours you should dedicate to the course, which includes time spent in lectures and your own time spent on individual study and research.
Where can I study my course?
- North Highland
- You will apply to and be enrolled by Perth College UHI, who will deliver the course in conjunction with Inverness College UHI, Moray College UHI and North Highland College UHI.
The following fees apply to this taught postgraduate course:
Online study (all students)
|MBA 180 credits||2021-22||2022-23|
|Structured part-time (per 60 credits)||£2,166||£2,166|
|Unstructured part-time (per 20 credit module)||£722||£722|
Fees are payable in advance each academic year unless otherwise agreed.
This course is not available for international students requiring Student Route visa sponsorship to study in the UK.
A no fee increase guarantee is available for self-funding full-time and structured students for continuous study for this award, up to the permitted standard time limit for the relevant award.
Eligible Scotland-domiciled students studying full-time can access loans up to £10,000 from the Student Awards Agency for Scotland (SAAS). This comprises a tuition fee loan up to £5,500 and a non-income assessed living cost loan of £4,500.
Eligible Scotland-domiciled students studying part-time can apply for a tuition fee loan from SAAS. You must be intending to complete the course in no longer than twice the length of time it would take for a full-time student. For example, if your course is available to full-time students as a one-year programme, you will be funded for a maximum of two years' part-time study. If your course does not have a full-time option, you must complete within three years. You can apply for a tuition fee loan up to £5,500, which will be paid pro-rata for each academic year of study.
Full details can be found on the SAAS website. Applications for loans open in April.
Students from the rest of the UK who meet the eligibility requirements may be able to apply for a loan from the Student Loan Company.
What can I do on completion of my course?
Once you have successfully completed this course, you might like to consider careers in management within the renewable energy sector.
Can I progress into further study?
The MBA Business Administration (Renewable Energy) provides excellent preparation and training for further advanced study in many areas of research. As such, you may wish to pursue a PhD or professional Doctorate studies within your chosen field.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Apply for Business Administration (Renewable Energy) MBA
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at the University of the Highlands and Islands. We operate a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of gender, age, disability, ethnicity and socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.