Business Management Higher
What is special about this course?
The study of Higher Business Management places the key elements of management in a study of the business as a whole and draws from a number of other disciplines. It enables candidates to acquire knowledge and understanding of the role and operation of business, to develop analytical skills, to apply skills to business situations, and to communicate by means of written or spoken language. This should benefit all candidates, whether or not they subsequently follow a career in business.
To gain entry to the course, candidates require either:
- Four level 4 units (or above) in a related subject area or
- To be mature students with appropriate work experience
- Satisfactory references
- Successful interview
This Course has three mandatory Units:
- Business Enterprise (Higher) - 1 credit (40 hours)
- Business Decision Areas: Marketing and Operations (Higher) - 1 credit (40 hours)
- Business Decision Areas: Finance and Human Resource Management (Higher) - 1 credit (40 hours)
- Course Assessment – 6 SCQF credit points (40 hours)
How will I study my course?
- Part Time
How long will my course last?
Where can I study my course?
For the latest information on fees please see our fees policy.
What can I do on completion of my course?
The Course or its Units may provide progression to:
- Advanced Higher Business Management
- Higher National programmes
- Higher education
- Training or development
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Apply for Business Management Higher
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at North Highland College UHI. North Highland College operates a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of age, disability, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion and/or belief, sex, sexual orientation or socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.