What is special about this course?
This SQA approved course provides candidates with the basic life saving first aid skills compliant with workplace health and safety regulations.
- No formal entry requirements.
- The role of the First Aider.
- Basic hygiene in First Aid procedures.
- Action in an emergency.
- Administer First Aid to an unconscious casualty.
- Administer cardio pulmonary resuscitation.
- Administer First Aid to a casualty who is wounded/bleeding/in shock.
- Administer First Aid to a casualty who is choking.
- First Aid for minor injuries.
Candidates have to retake the course every three years to retain their qualification.
How will I study my course?
- Short course
Where can I study my course?
A waiting list is in operation for this course.
To book your place, phone or email Admissions. If this course is not scheduled to be held in the near future, we will hold your name on the list until we have sufficient to run the course.
For the latest information on fees please see our fees policy.
Note that this course has been approved by ILA Scotland and it is therefore possible to use a current Individual Learning Account (ILA200) to help offset the cost of the course. Visit www.ilascotland.org.uk for more information on ILAs.
What can I do on completion of my course?
- Other relevant courses such as Nominated First Aider.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.