What is special about this course?
This programme has been developed as a direct result of industry demand with the backing of local construction companies. It will help you to become ‘work ready’ through completing a Certificate of Work Readiness. You will also have the opportunity to gain a Construction Skills Certification Scheme card which can provide you with industry accreditation.
Applicants should have one of the following entry requirements:
- Progressing students
- Successful completion of Access to Construction and Engineering and bridging maths
- Satisfactory interview
- School leavers
- Three National 4 qualifications
- SFW Construction would also be an advantage
- Mature students
- Relevant post school education and training
The programme will cover essential aspects of workshop practice and hand skills such as:
- Carpentry and Joinery
- Rood Slating and Tiling
- Decorative Paining and Finishes
- Employability and Enterprise Award
- Employability and Behavioral Skills
- Health and Safety in a Construction Environments
- Information Technology
- Work Placement
How will I study my course?
- Full Time
The course will be delivered entirely on a face-to-face basis for all theoretical and practical units. The programme will be delivered in a practical setting which replicates an industrial environment in the College’s Construction workshops. In semester two of the academic session, students will undertake a work placement (190 hours).
How long will my course last?
One Academic Year
Where can I study my course?
For the latest information on fees please see our fees policy.
What can I do on completion of my course?
- Higher Level course and Civil Engineering
- Enhanced career prospects as a modern apprenticeship or in full time employment
Students will receive a full tradesman's quality tool-kit at the start of the course that can be kept upon successful completion of the course. Full PPE kit included.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.